So far I’ve only come up with a couple of temporary fixes for the Chrome crash. Here is one:
- Right-click your Chrome icon
- Select properties
- Open file location
- Rename the Chrome.exe naming it Chrome11.exe (actually, you can use any number haha)
- Right-click Chrome11.exe and send to desktop (create shortcut)
That shortcut should now bring up Chrome.
Another method is to use an old stand-alone installer. I used one from late 2012 that used a different method to store user data and it worked. In any event, I would turn off the automatic updater as well:
- Run msconfig.exe
- Select services tab
- Select the checkbox to Hide all Microsoft services
- Scroll down and uncheck all Google Updaters
Hopefully, there will be a fix soon. Thank you!