Just an FYI, this does not create an issue for MOST of you. I just want to make certain you are aware as I am reminded. Again, most of our business clients are in supported desktop OS and Office versions. There may be some personal-use and/or specialized use workstations that are using software that were in the past/or are slated for End Of Support in the future. Here is a list of the current concerns as of this date:
- Windows Workstation Operating Systems
- Vista SP2 – All Editions – End Of (Official) Support: April 2017
- Windows 7 SP1 – All Editions – End Of (Official) Support: January 2020
- Windows Server
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 – End Of (Official) Support: January 2020
- Office Suite
- Office 2007 SP3 – All Editions – End Of (Official) Support: October 2017
Again, no reason for alarm. I wanted to make sure you know about these dates and as your IT provider, I will help make certain you’re not stuck with an unsupported software unnecessarily or unaware. Also, just because a software is out of “official” support does not mean it will stop working. It is just no longer under any obligation of the publisher to release any patches, service packs and/or compatibility issues that may crop up.
Feel free to contact me if have any questions regarding this.
All the best,
Todd Craig, MCSE, CCNA, A+, Network+, Security+
CRAIG COMPUTERS, LLC | craigcomputers.com